Saturday, December 22, 2007

Home


Hello Everyone and Thank you for Looking at my Blog!
This Blog will be devoted to following my travels as I walk from the North of Taiwan to the South with my friend Jeff Chen.
Our journey will be 260 miles and I will be Blogging at any possible points along the way. We'll be sleeping in tents, temples and/or the houses of people willing to put us up for a night.

My goal: To interact and bridge cultural gaps with the people we meet and also, to gather information on the political beliefs of the Citizens.
Being a Government and politics major, I find this very interesting, as the political beliefs of the citizens are what will decide the type of president that is elected. So why should you care?

Because China is a rising Superpower and Taiwan seeks independence. China has said that it would not allow Taiwan to declare legal ndependence without major retaliation. The U.S. supports the Taiwanese government and if such independence and subsequent war were to occur, the U.S. would be involved...somehow. So essentially, this Blog will give you an idea of whether the majority of Taiwnese people support independence or not and will give individual accounts of Taiwanese citizens' beliefs about Taiwanese independence and U.S. intervention.

If that doesn't interest you, the various encounters we have should, as essentially we have no set plans and are just going to see what happens. I can assure you this Blog with maybe the excpetion of this post will be more interesting than:
*Clicking refresh on your email every 5 minutes
*Clicking refresh on your facebook profile every 2 minutes
*Searching youtube with no goal in mind
*Browsing for items on ebay
*Making poor cyber small-talk on AIM

So Please, Check back! Write a comment! Give me an Opinion! Insult me! This Blog is about being interesting, provocative and fun! Yes thats right...Fun!
I hope everyone has a terrific new year!
My next post will likely be from Taipei, Taiwan.
Stay Healthy.

P.S. The picture is from my room at my house in College Park, MD...My starting, starting point.

3 comments:

Weird Eggrolls said...

ok first of all searching youtube is the most awesomest thing ever. but w00t that sounds so fun i wanna travel too!

Matt said...

Hey buddy! This is such an exciting trip. Hopefully I'll get out and do something similar one day. In the meantime I'll enjoy reading about your travels.

- Langan

Steve said...

Thanks guys!!! Good to hear from you! Keep posting! remember, they don't always have to be nice and/or respectful hahaha. Peace!